Investment Insights are written by Angeles' CIO Michael Rosen
Michael has more than 30 years experience as an institutional portfolio manager, investment strategist, trader and academic.
SELECTED FUN FACTSPublished: 11-14-2014
Some fun facts about this year (courtesy Michael Hartnett of Merrill Lynch):
- US equities (+14%) are ahead of European equities (-6%) by the widest margin since 1976.
- US large cap is beating US small cap by 950 bps, the most since 1998.
- 50% of all government bonds globally yield less than 1%.
- Notable exception: Venezuela US$-denominated bonds yield 22%.
- Apple’s market cap ($662 billion) is one-third greater than all Eurozone banks combined, and nearly as large as every listed company in Latin America ($695 billion).
Mark Twain wrote in his autobiography that there are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics. How ...READ MORE
Land of Borat 08-20-2015
I probably should not confess to enjoying Borat (full title:Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit ...READ MORE
It's a Big World 11-03-2014
With apologies to Walt Disney, the global economy is getting, well, more global, and, intuitively, companies' ...READ MORE