Latest Blog: Stop the Game! - 01/31/2021
Investment Insights are written by Angeles' CIO Michael Rosen
Michael has more than 30 years experience as an institutional portfolio manager, investment strategist, trader and academic.
LABOR MARKETPublished: 12-05-2014
Oh, this was a strong report this morning, on every level:
- 321,000 net new jobs in November.
- 10 consecutive months of +200,000 payroll gains (228,000 on average over the past year).
- Labor force expanded 119,000, and the labor participation rate held steady at 62.8%, its average of the past 8 months, so perhaps it is leveling off.
- Median number of weeks of unemployment fell to a recovery-low of 12.8.
- Quitters rose to 9.1% of those unemployed, signaling rising confidence in being able to find another job (this is one of Janet Yellen’s favorite stats).
- Average hourly wages rose 0.4% and total hours worked rose 0.6%, so cash earnings were up 1% in November, the most for any month since 2006.
In stark contrast to the rest of the world, the US economy is not only strong, but may be getting stronger! Good for USD-based assets, and we expect the Fed to begin raising rates in 2Q next year.PRINT THIS ARTICLE
Don't Blame Nature 05-22-2015
Commodity prices rise and fall; no great insight there. Which is why most of us, mostly, take the fluctuations in ...READ MORE
Sine Aqua 04-14-2015
The Ancient Mariner violated Nature by killing an albatross for sport, thus condemning his boat and crew to the ...READ MORE
Two weeks ago (13 August, No Panic (Yet)) I noted that the renminbi devaluation was officially described as a modest ...READ MORE
We build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch