Latest Blog: Two (Percent) is a Sad Num... - 09/21/2020
Investment Insights are written by Angeles' CIO Michael Rosen
Michael has more than 30 years experience as an institutional portfolio manager, investment strategist, trader and academic.
- Volatility spiked to its highest level in over 2 years.
- Global equities are in negative territory this year, led by Europe’s 10% decline.
- US 10-year Treasury yields fell more than 30 basis points intra-day yesterday.
- Mortgage rates are down 100 basis points over the past year
- Jobless claims are at their lowest levels in 15 years
- Housing prices nationally are up 7% in the past year
- Gasoline prices are off 20% this year
I have no idea where the bottom is, or when we will get there. But if you believe the US economy remains reasonably robust and global growth, while slowing, will remain positive, take the recent market convulsions as a periodic regurgitation meant to damage complacent speculators rather than a harbinger of civilization’s collapse. Of course, holding a month’s supply of canned goods and ammo is a good idea, too.PRINT THIS ARTICLE
Baseball, more than any other sport, by far, has drawn its share of colorful characters. I don't know why that is, but ...READ MORE
Not enough attention is being paid to the work slowdown/stoppage going on at West Coast ports.The last time there was a ...READ MORE
2016 - 1st Quarter Commentary 05-17-2016
To read more, download the full 16 page PDF: ...READ MORE
We build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch