Investment Insights are written by Angeles' CIO Michael Rosen
Michael has more than 30 years of experience as an institutional portfolio manager, investment strategist, and investment consultant.
- Volatility spiked to its highest level in over 2 years.
- Global equities are in negative territory this year, led by Europe’s 10% decline.
- US 10-year Treasury yields fell more than 30 basis points intra-day yesterday.
- Mortgage rates are down 100 basis points over the past year
- Jobless claims are at their lowest levels in 15 years
- Housing prices nationally are up 7% in the past year
- Gasoline prices are off 20% this year
I have no idea where the bottom is, or when we will get there. But if you believe the US economy remains reasonably robust and global growth, while slowing, will remain positive, take the recent market convulsions as a periodic regurgitation meant to damage complacent speculators rather than a harbinger of civilization’s collapse. Of course, holding a month’s supply of canned goods and ammo is a good idea, too.
New Owners 04-01-2015
A few years, I was at a conference, standing in a buffet line. I must have become fixated on extracting the blueberries ...READ MORE
Ursa Minor 10-02-2015
The bears are stirring. Not yet rampaging, but there's a lot of red ink across most markets.Today's jobs report was ...READ MORE
Too Many Words 12-22-2014
Among monetary economists, there is a raging debate over the merits of the Fed's burgeoning balance sheet. Back in ...READ MORE
Get the latest investment information and stay on top of market trends.