Latest Blog: Beach Reading - 09/18/2023
Investment Insights are written by Angeles' CIO Michael Rosen
Michael has more than 30 years experience as an institutional portfolio manager, investment strategist, trader and academic.
- Volatility spiked to its highest level in over 2 years.
- Global equities are in negative territory this year, led by Europe’s 10% decline.
- US 10-year Treasury yields fell more than 30 basis points intra-day yesterday.
- Mortgage rates are down 100 basis points over the past year
- Jobless claims are at their lowest levels in 15 years
- Housing prices nationally are up 7% in the past year
- Gasoline prices are off 20% this year
I have no idea where the bottom is, or when we will get there. But if you believe the US economy remains reasonably robust and global growth, while slowing, will remain positive, take the recent market convulsions as a periodic regurgitation meant to damage complacent speculators rather than a harbinger of civilization’s collapse. Of course, holding a month’s supply of canned goods and ammo is a good idea, too.PRINT THIS ARTICLE
Beach Reading 09-18-2023
September is still beach time, so I have a few more recommendations for you. One nonfiction and four fiction, including ...READ BLOG POST
THE G.O.A.T. 08-01-2022
John Harris owned a skating rink in Pittsburgh. In 1940, he invited Olympic star Sonja Henie to skate between periods of ...READ BLOG POST
Money Matters 11-17-2014
When the Fed embarked on Quantitative Easing (QE), many prominent economists warned this would lead to hyperinflation ...READ BLOG POST
We strive build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
SUBSCRIBE TO ANGELES' INSIGHTS
Get the latest investment information and stay on top of market trends.SUBSCRIBE