Latest Blog: THE G.O.A.T. - 08/01/2022
INVESTMENT RESEARCH ANALYST
Santa Monica, CA
INVESTMENT RESEARCH ANALYST
Angeles Investment Advisors, LLC is an employee-owned investment advisory firm based in Santa Monica, CA. Angeles provides investment management and advisory services to institutional clients (e.g., endowments, foundations, pension plans, and select high net worth clients). Angeles' expertise includes investment research, asset allocation, investment policy development, portfolio structure, manager research & selection, and risk management.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Angeles seeks a person to conduct research on investment managers and strategies for client portfolios. Coverage to include private credit, long-only fixed income and equity strategies, and hedge funds. Responsibilities may include:
- Manager Research: Source, interview, and evaluate new investment managers for client portfolios. Provide written meeting documentation and notes on research meetings summarizing the thesis and next steps. Make recommendations to the Angeles Investment Committee for manager inclusion on Angeles’ approved list.
- Manager Monitoring and Reporting: Duties include conducting and documenting regular conference calls and onsite meetings with managers.
- Business and Operational Review: Assist with operational due diligence on investment managers.
- Investment Committee: Participate in and contribute to Angeles’ investment committee discussions.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Candidates must have a college degree and 2-4 years of work experience. Experience with private credit strategies is a plus. Candidates must be proactive, detail-oriented, capable of working independently, and have a passion for financial markets and investing. Strong verbal, writing, and analytical skills are required, as well as strong proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Angeles is an open and collegial environment where professionals have the opportunity to progress commensurate with their ability.
Salary is based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
We strive build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
SUBSCRIBE TO ANGELES' INSIGHTS
Get the latest investment information and stay on top of market trends.
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch