Latest Blog: Beach Reading - 11/12/2021
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF FUND ACCOUNTING & COMPLIANCE OPERATIONS
Santa Monica, CA
ASSOC. DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING / COMPLIANCE
- INSTITUTIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORSANTA MONICA, CA / MANHATTAN, NY INVESTMENT ASSOCIATESANTA MONICA, CA ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF FUND ACCOUNTING AND COMPLIANCE OPERATIONSSANTA MONICA, CA PRIVATE MARKETS INVESTMENT ANALYST / ASSOCIATESANTA MONICA, CA
Angeles is a multi-asset investment firm providing sophisticated, customized OCIO investment solutions to institutional and private wealth clients. We provide strategic leadership in crafting investment programs that advance our clients' mission, values, and objectives. We are driven to be the most admired investment firm for our positive impact on our clients and our industry.
We have passion for what we do. We act with integrity, serving as a trusted steward and long-term partner with our clients. We seek superior results, as investment success provides expanded ways for our clients to achieve their mission.
Angeles nurtures a culture of respect, integrity, and diversity, while fostering professional growth and learning. This attractive environment has contributed to the stability and collegial nature of our team.
Angeles seeks a Compliance Officer to ensures that the company complies with its outside regulatory and legal requirements as well as internal policies and procedures. The Compliance Officer will work directly with the Chief Compliance Officer and senior management to identify and manage regulatory risk. The ideal candidate has proven experience in evaluating risk across a complex, evolving firm and regulatory landscape to establish, implement, and oversee a program designed to mitigate such.
- Oversee strategic vendor partnerships supporting all financial statement accounting, tax, and investor reporting operations for the firm's pooled investment vehicles
- Administer the firm's compliance program across the institutional and retail client portfolios, including employee trade monitoring, best execution review, billing oversight, etc.
- Fulfill the firm's various relevant regulatory filings for institutional and private client businesses
- Work with the business development function to review and approve marketing collateral for compliance with the Investment Advisors Act and other relevant guidance
- Administer the process ensuring compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®)
- Monitor ongoing regulatory updates for relevant guidance and determine applicability and implementation approach
- Candidates must have a college degree and 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- Background in public accounting, preferably serving financial services clientele
- Undergraduate degree from a leading educational institution, CPA preferred
- Ability to establish rapport with and influence senior decision makers
- Strong quantitative skills are required, as well as proficiency with Excel.
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with the ability to project a professional demeanor and self-confidence.
- Demonstrated initiative, independence, and adaptability coupled with a collaborative and collegial working style.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks with acute attention to detail.
- We are looking for a motivated and self-directed candidate. Must have ability to work well on a small team and handle multiple responsibilities.
- Impeccable ethics and respect for client confidentiality.
- Comfort working in a flat, non-bureaucratic organizational structure.
Salary based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch