Latest Blog: Fireside Reading - 12/15/2020
MANAGER RESEARCH ANALYST
Santa Monica, CA
MANAGER RESEARCH ANALYST
Angeles Investment Advisors, LLC is an employee-owned investment management firm that offers strategic leadership in crafting investment programs for foundations, endowments, pensions, operating charities and families that advance our clients' missions, values and objectives.
Angeles seeks a person to conduct research on public market investment managers (including equity, fixed income, credit, and hedge funds).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE
- Manager Research: Identify, interview and evaluate new managers for client portfolios. Provide written meeting documentation and notes on research meetings summarizing the thesis/next steps.
- Manager Monitoring and Reporting: Assist the research team with ongoing manager monitoring. Duties include conducting and documenting regular calls and meetings with investment managers.
- Portfolio Management and Investment Committee: Participate in and contribute to regular portfolio management and investment committee discussions.
- Note: this position does not involve analysis of individual securities or companies.
Candidates must have a college degree and 2-4 years of relevant experience. Strong verbal, writing, and quantitative analysis skills are required, as well as strong proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. We are looking for a smart, motivated and self-directed candidate. Must have ability to work well on a small team and handle multiple responsibilities at any given time.
Salary and title based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include responses to the five questions below in your cover letter. Please combine cover letter and resume into one file and send in to apply. We recognize the challenge of starting a new role with a new company during this uncertain time. Our recruiting process for this position will be virtual. No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position. Angeles does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
1. What is the most important quality you are looking for in your new position?
2. Why are you interested in working at Angeles Investments?
3. Why are you interested in researching investment managers?
4. What traits makes a compelling investment manager?
5. Angeles is committed to diversity within our organization. How has diversity played a part in your personal or professional development?
We build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch