QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH ANALYST
Santa Monica, CA
QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH ANALYST
Angeles Investment Advisors, LLC is an employee-owned investment management firm that offers strategic leadership in crafting investment programs for foundations, endowments, pensions, operating charities and families that advance our clients' missions, values and objectives.
Angeles seeks a person to conduct quantitative modeling and risk reporting on Angeles' investment portfolios. This person will also assist with research on public market investment managers (both traditional investments and hedge funds).
Successful candidates must have strong quantitative skills, be detailed-oriented, able to take initiative, and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple assignments simultaneously. Ability to work well with others in a team environment is also a requirement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Risk Reporting: Maintain internal risk/portfolio systems and prepare reports for portfolio management team, investment committee, and ad hoc client specific requests. Improve on existing reports and create new reports to assist the team.
- Quantitative Modeling: Create and maintain quantitative models to assist the investment team in portfolio management, risk management, manager sourcing, and manager monitoring.
- Portfolio Management and Investment Committee: Participate in and contribute to regular portfolio management and investment committee discussions.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Manager Research: Assist the research team in identifying, interviewing and evaluating new managers for client portfolios. Provide written meeting documentation and notes on research meetings summarizing the thesis/next steps.
- Manager Monitoring and Reporting: Assist the research team with ongoing manager monitoring. Duties include conducting and documenting quarterly conference calls and preparing monitoring reports for clients and internal use.
- Note: this position does not involve analysis of individual securities or companies.
Candidates must have a college degree, preferably in Mathematics or Computer Science and have a strong interest in investments. Experience with programming required. Strong verbal, writing, and quantitative analysis skills are required, as well as strong proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. We are looking for smart, motivated and self-directed candidates.
Salary and title based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein and your experience in carrying out the responsibilities listed above to email@example.com. Candidates invited to an interview will be asked to take a test evaluating cognitive ability, including verbal and quantitative skills and attention to detail.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
Get the latest investment information and stay on top of market trends.