Latest Blog: Earthrise or Earthset: Tho... - 06/02/2020
QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT ANALYST
Santa Monica, CA
QUANTITATIVE INVESTMENT ANALYST
Angeles Investment Advisors, LLC is an employee-owned investment management firm that offers strategic leadership in crafting investment programs for foundations, endowments, pensions, operating charities and families that advance our clients’ missions, values and objectives.
Angeles seeks a person to conduct quantitative modeling and risk reporting on Angeles’ investment portfolios. This person will also assist with research on public market investment managers (both traditional investments and hedge funds).
Successful candidates must have strong quantitative skills, be detailed-oriented, have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, take initiative, and be capable of prioritizing and handling multiple assignments simultaneously. Ability to work well with others in a team environment is also a requirement.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE (BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
- Quantitative Modeling: Create and maintain quantitative models to assist the investment team in portfolio management, risk management, manager sourcing, and manager monitoring.
- Risk Reporting: Maintain internal risk/portfolio systems and prepare reports for portfolio management team, investment committee, and ad hoc client specific requests. Improve on existing reports and create new reports to assist the team.
- Manager Research: Assist the research team in identifying, interviewing and evaluating new managers for client portfolios. Provide written meeting documentation and notes on research meetings summarizing the thesis/next steps.
- Manager Monitoring and Reporting: Assist the research team with ongoing manager monitoring. Duties include conducting and documenting quarterly conference calls and preparing monitoring reports for clients and internal use.
- Portfolio Management and Investment Committee: Participate in and contribute to regular portfolio management and investment committee discussions.
- Note: this position does not involve analysis of individual securities or companies.
Candidates must have a college degree, preferably in a quantitative area such as statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or computer science but also open to other majors. Programming experience preferred. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and solve problems on own. Ability to manage large data sets. Experience with database management. Strong verbal, writing, and quantitative analysis skills are required, as well as strong proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Seeking candidates with strong interest in investing. No more than 5 years of experience.
Salary and title based on experience. Health and profit-sharing benefits, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein and your experience in carrying out the responsibilities listed above to email@example.com. Candidates invited to an interview will be asked to take a test evaluating cognitive ability, including verbal and quantitative skills and attention to detail.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
We build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch