Latest Blog: Beach Reading - 04/29/2021
CLIENT ADMINISTRATOR / OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
CLIENT ADMINISTRATOR / OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE
PLEASE BE SURE TO INCLUDE RESPONSES TO THE FIVE QUESTIONS BELOW IN YOUR COVER LETTER AND COMBINE COVER LETTER AND RESUME INTO ONE FILE AND UPLOAD TO APPLY. APPLICANTS WILL BE REJECTED IF THESE ARE NOT INCLUDED.
1. What is the most important quality you are looking for in your new position?
2. In this position, you would be required to work with multiple professional wealth managers in service to their clientele. Please describe your experience working for multiple internal professionals.
3. Administering client-related tasks such as money movement and paperwork in a wealth management role requires attention to detail. Please give an example of successfully fulfilling a complex client request and an example of when troubleshooting was needed.
4. Describe your current familiarity working with a specific custodian (for example but not limited to Charles Schwab) and performance reporting platform (for example but not limited to Envestnet Tamarac).
5. In this position, there will be direct communication with wealthy, sophisticated clients. Please give examples of your direct experience with this type of interaction.
Angeles Wealth Management ("AWM") is looking to hire an experienced Operations Associate in our office in Midtown Manhattan. AWM is one of the fastest-growing high net worth financial advisory firms in the country. With offices at the Seagram Building at 375 Park Avenue in New York City, and in Santa Monica, CA, AWM is a true bi-coastal firm. The job applicant should be comfortable administering deliverables to clients related to back-office tasks such as account onboarding and maintenance. The job applicant should be comfortable interfacing with extremely wealthy individuals and families as well as our professional staff on both coasts.
Angeles Wealth is the private client affiliate of Angeles Investment Advisors, an institutional investment advisory firm with over $34 billion in total assets, including approximately $5.6 billion in discretionary assets. Angeles Wealth Management provides wealthy families and individuals with access to both an institutional-quality investment process and robust wealth advisory services. These include goals-based financial planning, trust services through Angeles Wealth Private Trust, and philanthropic consulting via our Angeles Philanthropic Families service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare new account forms, including Schwab applications, account transfer forms, and Investment Advisory Agreements
- Prepare subscription and redemption documents into Limited Partnerships and LLCs
- Assist with new account set up in various software
- Process wires, journals, and other move money requests
- Coordinate the update of various marketing materials with other Angeles Wealth and Angeles Investment Advisors team members
- Monitor marketing materials/collateral, and replace outdated materials with current versions (both on shared electronic folders, and hard copies)
- Assist in electronic mail merges around various notifications (example: tax notifications)
- Assist in various printings, bindings, and mailings
- Help maintain updated contact information in CRM system (Salesforce) and MailChimp
- 4+ years of administrative / operations experience at an investment advisory, investment consulting, or a financial services institution
- Experience with Charles Schwab Advisor Center and/or Envestnet Tamarac reporting platform is a plus but not required
- Experience, comfort, and success with direct communications with HNW clients with regards to administrative issues
- Time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite
Salary and title based on experience. Health benefits, 401K, and discretionary annual bonus included.
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements stated herein to email@example.com. Please be sure to include responses to the five questions below in your cover letter. We recognize the challenge of starting a new role with a new company during this uncertain time. Our recruiting process for this position will be virtual. No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position. Angeles does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
We build portfolios of best-in-class investment managers across all asset classes. If you would like to be considered for our portfolios, please contact us using our manager inquiries form.
- MANAGER INQUIRIES
How Can We Help You?Institutional Investors
Fully resourced investment office built to manage sophisticated client investment programsPrivate Wealth
Personalized discretionary portfolio and wealth management services powered by institutional processInvestment Management
Rigorous process and a flexible platform designed to meet client needsArticles & Insights
Latest insights and perspectives from the Angeles teamContact Us
Get in touch